Sunday, 3 April 2011

This is the test I have done using film Hasselblad 6x6 before shooting the FMP. It was the first proper experience with the medium format film camera as I normally shoot digital. After I had some results I decided to go for Mamiya in the end, as 6x6 images was not exactly what I wanted my photographs to look like in case of the final major. This experience allowed me to get into the process of shooting on medium format and showed me the advantages and disadvantages of the Hasselblad camera. It was really hard to find focus, but seeing the depth of field in the viewfinder was really amazing. I also became aware of the fact that square format brings the whole new meaning into the image and that viewers read it differently.


So, here is the test. Mostly its all portraits.
Location: Odessa, Ukraine. 







No comments:

Post a Comment