Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Soviet movies

Most of my conscious life I have been living abroad and learning to adopt to the foreign country's customs which was fairly easy at my age and I felt nothing in particular towards my home country for a long while, imagining myself a very cosmopolitan person. It has only been recently that I have started developing not a nationalistic or patriotic attitude, but I would rather say nostalgic feeling towards Ukraine. I understood that it doesn't matter where I live, my roots are there and always will be, and I should be more proud of my background which has a fascinating history. Lately I've been also missing my mother tongue, since there's not much russian people around me at the moment, so to deal with the melancholy I have been watching old movies and listening to the soundtracks from them. Am I getting old? :D


I have come to realise that each and one of these films are unique and amazing in every way and there is just no chance anything like that will be produced now. Even though russians do release remakes and sequels to a selection of some masterpieces, they just look like a pathetic parody. All are just commercial projects made only for money and ratings. There is neither heart nor soul in such meaningless works. And that is just sad!


Well, the point I'm getting at is the amount of inspiration I have gained from watching the USSR movies is just huge! And I just had to share it~ So I am posting my small selection of caps from different films. Hope you enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment