Sunday, 6 June 2010

Furniture can make fashion!

Yesterday I had my third graduation shoot.
It was for the most amazing clothing designer ☆Hiroko Nakajima☆, who just graduated from the knit wear course of Central Saint Martins. Being her friend I felt lucky to have an opportunity to collaborate with her. We had very limited resources for this project, shot in her studio flat with no professional lighting, so it was rather spontaneous, but I am quite satisfied with the result.

Our model was a new face from booking and MUA was recommended to me by my friend Nicole. The team was great and we worked it out together. The aim of this photoshoot was not to create clean commercial images, but rather to produce an editorial that would communicate the mood, atmosphere and feel of Hiroko's collection. It all has a slightly vintage feel, as she was inspired by Victorian furniture.

Sneaky preview from the shoot:

Photography - me
Model - Kat Demidova @ Bookings
Designer - Hiroko Nakajima
MUA and hair stylist - Jessica ChuChu

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. i love these pics! so amazing :))

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first image, also loving the mood that you created, good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABOLOUS PICS!!GREAT BLOG!!
    I opened a new fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers:-)

    http://lifegivemefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE these!
    great photos!!

    xoxo
    mollie

    mothballsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these pics

    sunnypeaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful! Interesting use of props as well. Love the first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are really lovely!
    i love the one behind the chandelier !

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful this photos!
    cute blog,xoxo

    ReplyDelete